Monday, August 12, 2013

Hot Chocolate Brownie S'mores Pie

Extraordinary. That's what a friend told me when he took a big bite out of this pie. He showed all the symptoms of a foodgasm: his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he became weak in the knees.  Believe me, I couldn't have asked for a better reaction. 

This weekend was also apparently national s'mores week so  I decided to celebrate with brownies, hot chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers all bundled up into one. I'm not entirely sure who declares these "national holidays" but I'm not complaining. And neither should you if you decide to eat my interpretation of the classic s'more. 

I also am really, really, really sad to say that I don't have pictures of my final product. Just as I was taking my brownie s'mores pie out of the broiler till the marshmallows got nice and toasty, it fell. I stood there horrified for a good ten seconds staring at my beautiful, broken pie. But I ate it anyways because seriously, this pie was too good to just throw away. #clumsyhungrygirlprobs 

Also I feel like I should mention that it fell on my countertop, before you imagine that I'm a terrible friend for letting others eat it off the floor. 

Summary of this story: EAT SOME HOT CHOCOLATE BROWNIE S'MORES PIE. 


Hot Chocolate Brownie S'mores Pie

1 graham cookie pie crust 
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons hot chocolate
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup marshmallows


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2.  In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, hot chocolate, baking powder, and salt. Sift the ingredients if needed to remove any large lumps. 
3. To the dry ingredients beat in the eggs one at a time and add the melted butter and vanilla. 
4. Pour brownie mixture into pre-made graham cracker crust. 
4. Bake approximately 25-30 minutes(check with a toothpick or fork). 
5. Once the brownie is fully cooked through, take out of the oven and top with the marshmallows. Bake in the oven for an additional 3 minutes until marshmallows are gooey. If the marshmallows aren't toasted, stick the pie under the broiler for another minute to get the desired brown color. 


Tip:

The next time I make this pie in college, I'm not going to bother making the brownies from scratch. I plan on using a pre-packaged brownie mix and just adding in my favorite hot chocolate powder!

No comments:

Post a Comment