Sunday, July 28, 2013

Momma's Mango Lassi

I actually made this a while ago, but I've been behind on updating all my recipes. For those of you have no idea what Mango Lassi is, it's a traditional Indian mango smoothie. It's deliciously creamy and is perfect for summer weather. My Mom is the one who taught me this recipe, and as ya'll know, Momma knows best!

And the best part about this drink is that it's embarrassingly easy to make with only three ingredients! (Four, if you count the additional sugar for taste.) Look down and you'll notice that this recipe only has 1 step. Can I get a hallelujah?

Mango Lassi

Makes 2 servings

1 sweet ripe mango, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup ice
1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)

1. Take the peeled, diced mango and puree in the blender. Add the rest of the ingredients until the all the ice is crushed and it's your desired consistency.

Tips:

If the lassi is too thick add some water and blend well. Also, if the mango is not naturally super sweet then add the additional tablespoon of sugar to the lassi.

No comments:

Post a Comment