Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back to the Basics: Salad

I know most people consider salads to be diet-food, bland, and boring. Although the former is really why my family started eating it in the first place, salads can really be yummy and fulfilling if you make them right! If you're looking to shed your freshman 15, or life's 50, then maybe you need to take a second look at the amount of calories you're consuming. After eating salad for lunch every day, EVERYONE in my family has lost weight. So maybe, just maybe, you should give our salad a try.



I consider salads to have 6 basic components: leaves, veggies, nuts, cheeses, meats, and a dressing. Of course I needed a diagram to illustrate my point because well, I couldn't help myself.


Below is a chart of some our favorite toppings & feel free to comment with whatever else you like to add in your salad! Our favorite salad dressing is Kraft's Toasted Sesame Asian but I also love Trader Joe's delicious vinaigrettes.


No comments:

Post a Comment